This course is an upgrade course for Learn SCADA from Scratch. In this course you will learn the interfacing between Ignition SCADA and Siemens S7-1200 PLC. before learning this course, you should be aware of basic fundamentals of PLC. So if you are new to PLC and SCADA i would recommend you do my other courses first (Advanced Industrial Automation) before proceeding to this one.
To summarize, you will learn the following:
- How to install Ignition SCADA
- How to interface Ignition SCADA with Siemens S7-1200
- How to setup parameters in PLC and SCADA software to build this communication
- How to make PLC Tags in Ignition SCADA
- How to read/write PLC Tags from the SCADA
- Learn about Database via MySQL
- How to interface MySQL with Ignition SCADA
- How to read MySQL values in PLC
- How to write PLC values to MySQL
- Data analysis of MySQL values
- Generating performance reports
What you need to have to learn this course?
- Computer with Windows Operating system
- Ignition SCADA (free to install trial version)
- Siemens S7-1200 PLC (optional - If you don't have a PLC, you can use TIA Portal with PLC SIM and interface software to simulate PLCSIM with Ignition SCADA) -learn how to do that here
- TIA Portal V13/V14 or V15
Rajvir is a Mechatronics Engineer & passionate educator. As an engineer, he is involved in control circuit designing and flexible course designing in various elements of automation like PLC, PID, HMI & Drives- VFD & Servo, Connect I/O, Home I/O, and Factory Automation.
As a teacher, he loves to implement innovative 3D-Learning methods to make education easy & interesting. He teaches Industrial Automation to almost 167+ countries across the world.
He loves to meet professors, teachers, educators, instructors to discuss & share Innovative tools of learning technology.
You can contact him at [email protected] if you share a similar interests & would like to work for a social mission of creating a better education system