Hey there, ready to work with MQTT?
I am Rajvir Singh, founder of Code and Compile introducing my new amazing course i.e. "Learn MQTT with Node-RED". Finally coming to the end of IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) course journey. Introducing you MQTT - Message Queuing Telemetry Transport, a very light weight communication protocol to share the information in the local/cloud network In this course you will learn:
- What is MQTT compared to other communication tools like MODBUS TCP/IP and OPC UA and how MQTT makes it easy to share the information in the automation world
- How to setup your own MQTT Broker using Node-RED in your computer or raspberry pi to interface the Siemens S7-1200 or Delta PLC via MQTT communication protocol
- How to create the MQTT communication layer via Node-RED to those PLCs/Controllers which does not support MQTT
- How to publish or subscribe data from your mobile phone to your PLC
- How to interface your PLC to the MQTT Broker located in the Cloud to share your information across the world within seconds
Want to know how you can achieve these without an expensive hardware and using an open-source software tool i.e. Node-RED?
Then sign up now to get this amazing course.
What hardware and software are required to master this course?
You do not need any expensive hardware or software to master this course. But I would highly recommend the following hardware to get 100% out of this course:
- Raspberry pi 3 or 4 (with Node-RED). You can also use your computer, in case you do not want to buy a Raspberry pi
- Any PLC that supports MODBUS or OPC UA. If you do not have PLC, you can also use your simulated values in Node-RED or TIA Portal with PLCSIM and Net2PLC to interact with MQTT Broker and Client
- Node-RED (open source)
- MQTTool (free mobile App)
- MQTT dash (free mobile App)
- MQTT Box (free mobile App)
So even if you do not want to spend any extra penny on the hardware, you can still do the course with a computer and internet connection.
PreviewInteraction of MQTT Client in Node-RED with the Broker (15:13)
StartOpening/Forwarding port 1883 (0:52)
StartInteraction of MQTT Client in an Android device with the Broker (10:22)
StartInteraction of MQTT Client in an iOS device with the Broker (6:19)
StartInteraction of MQTT Client in a Windows platform with the Broker (6:26)
StartHow to store MQTT clients in MySQL and display on the UI (12:40)
StartUnderstanding the importance of the 'Will' topic and message (12:03)
StartNetwork layout of my home
Rajvir is a Mechatronics Engineer & passionate educator. As an engineer, he is involved in control circuit designing and flexible course designing in various elements of automation like PLC, PID, HMI & Drives- VFD & Servo, Connect I/O, Home I/O, and Factory Automation.
As a teacher, he loves to implement innovative 3D-Learning methods to make education easy & interesting. He teaches Industrial Automation to almost 167+ countries across the world.
He loves to meet professors, teachers, educators, instructors to discuss & share Innovative tools of learning technology.
You can contact him at [email protected] if you share a similar interests & would like to work for a social mission of creating a better education system